Eyjafjallajökull Glacier, Iceland (Hollywood Backstage) - A potentially dangerous volcano has erupted on the Eyjafjallajökull Glacier, located in a remote area of Iceland. The Volcano ripped a firey hole in the earth and is spewing lava, magma and volcanic ash out from the icy glacier. The volcano erupted March 20, 2010 around midnight.
Keilir golf course is a links golf course located by the sea side. There is a vast difference between the front nine and the back nine. The front nine is surrounded by lava but the back nine are placed on a small peninsula at the entrance into the Hafnafjördur harbor with a spectacular view to the Alftanes peninsula and the famous Snaefellsglacier.
Whether you have a layover, or Iceland is your final destination, we''ve got the perfect Iceland road trip planned for you! This detailed itinerary is complete with things to do in Iceland, photos, tips and day-by-day guides that will bring you to the southern coast and through the Golden Ci
· The last time anyone in Iceland tried to drill this deep they ran into trouble. In 2009, Iceland’s Deep Drilling Project (IDDP) hit a snag a little over two kilometres down. The drill bit kept
· It’s also wild, rugged, and takes a bit more preparation and awareness to drive through should you have interest in taking out a 4×4 and heading off the beaten path a bit (and you should! It’s so worth it!). The following are things I learned and tips to help you on your journey camping Iceland’s ring road: Go in the Autumn
British plugs are of type G.They are very different to the rest of the continent (no punch intended here, just a fact). If your trip involves visiting the United Kingdom (or the Channel Islands: Jersey, Guernsey, Sark, Herm, Jethou, Brecqhou), you will definitely need an adapter for it.Unless, of course, you live in a country where the British plug is standard like Singapore or Gibraltar.
· Iceland is digging a seriously deep hole to tap a new source of clean energy By Brad Plumer @bradplumer Oct 24, 2016, 2:10pm EDT Share this story
· The day we went was a very cold, windy, and rainy day in Iceland, which made the waters seem even more balmy. We floated around for a bit, happily soaking in the warmth, and then really got into the spirit of things by giving ourselves silica mud facials (the silica mud is free and located in boxes around the edge of the lagoon).
· On our 1 week in Iceland, I had plenty of opportunities to take photos of waterfalls. It seemed like every 5 meters there was another one more spectacular than the last. Thus, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to walk you through the process of taking silky smooth waterfall photos.
How to Drill a Hole in a Rock With a Machine By Eric Cedric SAVE; If you have a special rock garden or landscaping project that requires holes drilled in some of the rocks, rent or purchase a special drill press equipped with diamond bits. and begin to drill the hole. Step 7 Go down 1/4- to 1/2-inch, then bring the bit out and add more
Years of hunting the Northern Lights in Iceland with a strong background in science has given me the skill and understanding to know 100% of the time when it’s worth going out searching for them. If a coronal hole (a place with a high concentration of expelled charged particles) on the surface of the sun sent out a solar storm 27 days ago
There are over 10,000 waterfalls in Iceland. If you''re planning a trip there and aren''t sure which ones are worth seeing, this is the guide for you. Discover the exact location of all the best waterfalls in Iceland!
· I have to admit that I''d imagined that in most countries in the world, putting toilet paper down the toilet was the accepted method of disposal, but if you''re a Western European or similar type of person and you decide to do a bit of travelling, where you put the paper can suddenly turn into a bit of a problem – at least until you get the
: NowThis World
No need to love geology to be impressed by the well preserved volcanic craters of Grabrok Iceland. Just off the Ring Road, the site offers nice walks up to the Rim or through the lava filed… well, nice until the wind starts blowing and you almost fall inside! Below is my guide to plan your visit to the Grabrok craters.
· REYNISFJARA BLACK SAND BEACH IS MADE OF LAVA. Reynisfjara black volcano beach on Iceland’s South Coast is one of the most unique black sand beaches in the world. It’s not a tanning kind of beach. More look than touch, it was created by lava flowing into the ocean which cooled almost instantly as it touched the water.
Swearing in Icelandic. Jólasveinn: this one is a bit difficult to translate. It technically means Santa Claus, but Icelandic ones are not exactly the same – to begin with they’re 13 in number and rather than bringing you presents they come to steal food. burned alive. An interesting fact is that in Iceland almost all the convicted
Superdrill Tapered cross bits: Tapered cross bits are usually used for hard and abrasive rock. We manufactuer various diameters of tapered chisel bits from 32mm to 45mm in different tapered degrees, as below, they are our tapered chisel bits specifications
: Svanhildur Sif Halldórsdóttir
· Drilling Technology and Costs New Zealand, and Iceland, the development of The Geysers field in northern California was the first big U.S project. muds and mud coolers, bit design, and bit selection. Initially, there were problems with rapid bit wear, especially in the heelrow (or gauge) of the bit, corrosion of the drill pipe during
· A taste of home: Iceland stirs memories of endless summer days, pony rides, hot springs and strange salty fish. But the sweetest mementos are grandma’s kleinur doughnuts
Whether you’re seeking a secluded island all to yourself, we have all the top spots on this year’s list of the Best Islands In The World.. Using aggregated scores from previous media results, and contributions from the Big 7 Travel editorial team, these are the most amazing islands to visit right now.
· Iceland drills hottest hole to tap into energy of molten magma The hot magma was briefly used to heat cold water sent down the well to test how much energy could be generated and that the
Drilling Operations of the First Iceland Deep Drilling Well (IDDP) Sveinbjörn Hólmgeirsson 1), Wellbore drilled with 26” roller cone bit and 36” under-reamer. Rotary drilled.
Down The Hole (DTH) Hammers, Drills and Bits. Numa is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and US provider of drilling equipment with the best rock drilling hammers and horizontal drilling equipment for drilling holes from 3½ – 50½ inches (89 – 1283mm) in diameter